Monday, October 11, 2010

Latest checkup and plans for the future

I had a doctor appointment last Wednesday. My numbers were down to 1112 and I now have a cyst in my uterus. My OB said the cyst should go away on it's own after I have a few periods.

We were talking about going back to CA for another FET in January, but after doing more thinking we think it might be best if we wait until March or April instead.

We have alot of work that needs to be done on our house. We've been doing it a little here and a little there, but we really want to get everything done. So if we wait until spring for the FET, that will give us time to finish off the house.

I have lost about 100 lbs over the course of a couple of years. During the past 8 months of waiting for the FET, hormones and then the miscarriage, I gained about 30 lbs. I want to lose at least 40 lbs before we do another transfer. That will put me 60 lbs from my final goal. So taking a break will give me that time I need to get healthy as well. I started working on losing weight again two weeks ago and so far I've lost 12.8 lbs towards my 40 lb goal!

I can't say right now that I'm looking forward to another FET, but I can say I'm looking forward to getting my house and health back in order. I think THEN I'll be ready to try another FET. :)

4 comments:

  1. I saw our Dr. K and Ms. A today and thought of you. =) That sounds like a good plan. Congrats on the weight loss! I know how hard it can be. (I just lost about 80lbs in the last 18 months.) Keep up the good work! Praying for your heart to heal. It is difficult to miscarry: physically and emotionally. I think it is good to take time to feel yourself again before you jump back in. Besides, Southern Cal is beautiful in April.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that sounds like a great plan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plan. Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on losing weight. It sounds like you are at peace with oyur plan : ) KUP!

    ReplyDelete