Monday, October 17, 2011

An appointment date and answering a comment

Friday I got a call from the RE's office here.  The nurse said that since I haven't seen him in a year that I'll be treated as a new patient.  I don't know what difference that really makes in my treatment, but whatever works for them and gets me in is fine with me.  So I have an appointment for December 16th.  2 months away.  Seems like a long wait, but really it works for me.  It gives me time to get my records from CA and time to get ready physically and financially to try again for a pregnancy.  (Lord willing we'll have a pregnancy)  The nurse said the RE would like to see my records from CA to check the quality of the embryos and make sure that wasn't the issue.  According to my RE in CA the quality was good so I don't expect my RE here to find anything new on that front, but we'll see.

A fellow blogger, Britany asked me a question and I thought I'd share it and respond.

have you ever been tested for a gluten sensitivity?

No, I've never been tested for gluten sensitivity.  Thanks for the heads up though.  I'll add that to my list of things to ask the RE about in December.  I've actually not been tested for anything related to pregnancy.  I do have PCOS (diagnosed 11 years ago) and I've been tested for thyroid issues (negative), but otherwise I've not been tested for much else.  I have an issue with B12 and thus take high potency B12 sublingual every day.

Now I'm going to go research gluten sensitivity and educate myself on what I'll be asking the RE about.  =)

2 comments:

  1. If you are having problems with B12 have you had your antibodies tested for autoimmune gastritis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute. If you want to email me at bacolton@hotmail.com, I'll gladly send you the research my endocrinologist sent me. Also, look at my recent post. I'm here to help!

    ReplyDelete