Monday, January 3, 2011

Researching Travel Plans

This weekend I spent some time looking up places to say in CA (the clinic is in Thousand Oaks). We are hoping to do a transfer either end of March or first of April so I've got about 2 months to figure out where to stay before I need to make travel plans.

Last time Mom and I stayed in Thousand Oaks and took a taxi every where we needed to go. We had a town car pick us up at the airport and drop us back off there which was pretty nice. This time Greg is going with me. Dr. K would prefer me not to drive the day of transfer and I personally would prefer not to drive at all to keep my stress level as low as possible. (I've driven in several large cities, but nothing like LA) Greg is a nervous driver and so it's best he not drive either.

So the dilema is that I am planning that this will be our last trip to CA for a long while and I'd like us to see some of the sights in the area while we are there the first day. I've got to figure out what the most cost effective way to do some sightseeing without renting a car. HA! Yes, I know cost effective and flying half way across the country don't really go together, but I'm trying. :~)

I also need to go have one more HCG test to make sure my numbers are back down to zero. They should be by now. I think they were 100 something over a month ago. I'm hoping that I won't have to have another saline ultrasound done. Can't remember the official name of that thing. Funny how much you forget when you're not in the thick of things. Anyway, I'll get my memory back and remember what all this process entails very soon I'm sure. ;~)

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are moving forward! Happy travel plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went on a mission trip to the Philippines several years ago and we had about a 12 hour layover in LA; we ended up taking a bus tour of the city and it was great. Don't remember how much it cost but might be something to look into. Happy planning! It'll be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thousand Oaks is my hometown. I'd be glad to help you if I can with information and such. One money saver is to fly into Burbank, not LAX. The drive is comparable and the airport is typically less expensive and less crowded and the drive from Burbank is much less stressful than the drive from LAX. I wish I still lived there--I'd come help you!

    ReplyDelete