We took a spur of the moment trip to St. Louis this weekend. We had enough points (from all my nights in CA) that we were able to stay at the Hampton Inn for free. Other than getting lost MANY times, we had a great time on our mini-vacation. We went to the City Museum. I have to say it was one of the neatest places I've been in a long time. Just all sorts of things to explore there. We then went to the Wax Museum. It was pretty neat. Not the best I've seen, but not bad either. Today we went to the Magic House. That was ok. A few neat things there. We also stopped to see the Big.foot monster truck. Zach was really impressed with how big it was. On the way home we had dinner at Lambert's. It's the home of the thrown rolls. It was Zach's first time and he loved it. He said "This place is CRAZY!"
We had a scary moment during our trip and it made me realize how precious life is. We were about 30 miles outside of St. Louis, headed home. Greg was driving and I was looking at pictures on the camera and thinking about all the fun we'd just had. Next thing I know I feel this hard bump and when I look up we are headed across the median and just a few feet from going into oncoming traffic. All I remember is screaming at the top of my lungs. Greg steered us back into the middle of the median and came to a stop. We were going about 70 miles an hour and Greg had all of a sudden fallen asleep. He wasn't complaining of being sleepy or I'd have taken over. It was probably the most scared I have EVER been. I still can't talk about it without crying. We came SO close to either losing our lives or being horribly injured. Thank GOD we are ok.
Greg got back on the interstate and took the next exit. Once I stopped shaking we traded places and I took over driving the rest of the way. Poor Greg was SO upset with himself. He just kept shaking his head and looking out the window. He was REAL shook up too. Zach handled it well. He didn't get upset. All he wanted to know is if we could have died.
It really made us all hug each other a little tighter tonight. How we avoided hitting someone or something OR rolling over our truck I will NEVER know. Only thing I DO know is that God was protecting us today.
So anyway, it was nice to get away and have some time as a family of 3. Now it's back to reality and back to saving our money.
April 2022
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment