Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Piece of mind...

We had our phone conference with the attorney yesterday. We'd read over the contract and only one thing bothered me. The clause that states they can't contact us (ever), we can't contact them (ever) and our children can't contact each other's children (ever). That part just really bothered me. I have lots of info for my son on his adoption and about his Birthmom and just in case he ever wants to search for her, I hope that info will help him. With these children I have NOTHING to offer them. So while going through the contract, the attorney got to that clause and said we could change it if we wanted. Well that was my chance to tell her I wanted to at least offer the donor parents our email address so they could contact us if they liked. She agreed to ask the donor parents if they wanted any contact at all.

While I don't expect them to want contact, I hope they will at least take my email address in case they ever change their minds. At least now I can have piece of mind knowing that I tried to keep contact. So if my children ever ask me, I can tell them that we offered contact. That's the best I can do in this situation.

I have an appt on July 1st to have the blood tests and cultures for all the sexually transmitted diseases. The clinic requires that testing to be done before transfer. So I'll get that done and wait for the attorney to let me know if the donor parents accepted our contract as is or requested changes.

I keep saying this, but it's true! We are getting SO close!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment