Saturday, April 9, 2011

Beta #2 - negative

Just got a call from the coordinator and beta #2 went down. So we are for sure not pregnant. While I am sad to have lost 2 more embryos I also am at peace with it (as much as you can be I think). I'm ready to move forward now.

Greg and I are looking into several options and with God's guidance know that we will find the best fit for us. We may or may not use our remaining embryos. For now I just know that whatever happens we have each other, our son, and of course God and that makes me feel good.

Dr. K wants to have a phone conference with me on Monday to discuss the next step. I'm curious to hear his thoughts about how we should proceed. I also have alot of questions for him.

My son and I spent the day at the zoo with my Mom and some friends of ours. it was alot of fun, but I am SO tired. It was a good chance to just spend some time with my son and not focus on my infertility. I plan for us to spend many more days like that. I've spent many days crying over not having a sibling for him and it's time to spend less days doing that and more days just being his Mom. :)

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you grieve and decide what to do next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry...I know your pain. I have been there too - twice. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. As with jennifer, I've been there twice as well. It's so hard to understand sometimes. In our case, it led us to our new beautiful 5 day old baby girl and I can tell you all the pain was worth it. Sorry for your loss! Praying for God to show you your next steps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss and your hurt. ; ( Looking forward to reading what Dr K advises on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We also had 2 failed transfers. We knew we were to try once more with our last 2 embryos and the third time worked. God will be faithful to show you the next step. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so very sorry. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, I'm so sorry! Wish I could hug you!

    ReplyDelete