We have decided to go back to CA again!!!! After much prayer and some long late night talks, we have both agreed that going back to CA to Dr. K is our best option. We looked at some clinics much closer, but the reality is that after paying a new attorney fee (for termination of rights on new embryos), a new consultation fee for a new doctor, and the stress of worrying if we would like the new doctor as well as we like Dr. K and his staff....well....it just made more sense to spend the money and time and go back to CA.
I was SO not excited last transfer. I just didn't have any real feelings about it. This time I am SO excited. I hope that's a good sign. ;) Greg and I have decided we would like to do PGD on our embryos this time and see if that helps us. Our thought is (and we need to discuss this with Dr. K) we thaw 3-4 and do PGD on them. However many show good results with the PGD we implant. So if all 4 get the clearance, then we implant all 4. The thought of 4 babies is VERY scary for us, but we trust that God won't give us more than we can handle so we want to take that leap of faith.
Now I know a few of you who read my blog are in CA so I have a question or two for you. The clinic is in Thousand Oaks. We aren't renting a car. Quite honestly no one that could go with me is comfortable driving in CA so we are taking a town car to the hotel and taxis anywhere else we need to go. So can any of you tell me a good hotel that has free wifi and breakfast that is with in a very short walking distance (like across the street or down the street preferably) of some eating places. (fast food or restaurants doesn't matter) Both times we've stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Newbury Park. It is an AWESOME hotel, but there is only a Del Taco close. We may stay there again anyway and just get groceries at the Ralph's across the street, but I wondered if anyone had any better suggestions.
We are thinking about going the end of June. I don't want to wait too long. For one there's no need to drag it out since my beta is below a 4 now. Also I want to go before my son goes back to school because Greg works very early hours and we would have to have someone take our son to school in the mornings. It's just more to worry about. It's much easier if he is out of school because he can stay with his grandparent(s). July is out because the middle of July is my only niece's birthday and the next week is my son's birthday. So I canNOT miss those days. :)
I also need to share a couple of blessings we received the day that Dr. K called to give us our options. First of all it was my Grandpa's birthday. He turned 88. :) Second I got a call from a lady who saved my business card for almost a year! I used to make and sell jewelry and when I got tired of doing that I took all my stuff to a consignment store to sell. Well this lady bought some of my jewelry from there and loved it so much she saved my business card so she could order more!!! I will be making her some pieces for herself as well as some for her to sell!!! Then that very same day we received a letter stating the insurance company owes us $700!!!! I have to call them tomorrow to get the details, but sounds like they will cut us a check!!! Praise God!!! He always provides for us when we have gotten ready to go for another transfer.
Well here we go again!!! Yay!!!
April 2022
3 years ago
I'm so glad you've been able to come to a decision you're happy about! Praise God!
ReplyDeleteWhat happens to the babies who fail the PGD?
ReplyDeleteToo funny--when we were emailing about the Hampton Inn, I assumed you were talking about the one in Thousand Oaks. I didn't even know there was one in Newbury Park now. But the corner you're describing with the Ralph's and the Del Taco is the exact corner I grew up on. We lived in the housing development with the 30-some-odd year old houses just immediately across Hilcrest from the Del Taco.
The only recommendations are the ones I gave you in my email :)
Congratulations and we will be praying
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you! Praying!
ReplyDelete