Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thanks & What next

I wanted to say thanks to all of you who have been so supportive as we deal with the latest news. Thank you for all the prayers and positive thoughts that we will see better numbers tomorrow. You all have been so supportive throughout my journey and it's nice to have blog friends who can relate to what we are going through.

As for what we will do next I'm not really sure yet. We won't wait months to make a decision like we did after our miscarriage, but we will take some time to research and figure out what is the best for us. What I do know is that I'm probably not going back to CA. It's just too far. As I've said before we live in Arkansas and California is a long flight for us. I HATE flying and so I'm sure the anxiety I feel flying doesn't help my embies.

The dilema is that we still have 12 embryos from our donor that are in CA so I'm not sure if our clinic will allow us to transfer those to a closer clinic or if we will have to donate them back to the CA clinic and start over.

Another possibility is we may give up on EA all together and look at domestic adoption again. (I researched it years ago, but haven't in a long time so not sure what's changed) I realize that many people do LOTS of FETs before they get a success, but for us that's just not something we want to do. It's too emotionally draining. At the end of the day I'm just grateful I have at least one child. (and a precious little boy at that)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you are going through this. ; ( If you live in Arkansas, have you thought about going through the National Embryo Donation Center in Tennessee? That's where I (and several others who follow you) went. All that said, the only route that will lead to success for you is the route God has planned for you. I encourage you to continue to seek His face and His will for you as you prayerfully move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your heartache right now. I will pray that your and your DH find God's answer to how to continue to grow your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This whole process is so draining. Praying for strength and wisdom for you as you make these decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry... Praying the Lord will show you His will and open the next door you are to walk through.

    ReplyDelete