Friday, July 9, 2010

Another person on vacation...ACK!!!

Well I waited for a day and a half before finally emailing the coordinator at the clinic to see when we could schedule my FET. I didn't hear back from her all afternoon yesterday, but wasn't sure why.

I've been talking to another lady using the same clinic and in our conversation she mentions that the coordinator is out of the office all week on vacation. ACK!!!!

I understand everyone needs a vacation, but do they all need it during MY process??? My goodness!!!

Then to add to it, the way a cycle of FET works is that you are taking birth control until it's time to start the cycle. Then you go off the birth control, have a period, and then your start the whole bloodwork and ultrasound bit until your lining is thick enough to support the embryos. Just my luck, I'm at the end of my month of birth control and it's time for a period. If I have a period now, it'll be weeks (maybe even another month) before I'll be ready to have another one which means my cycle won't be started for another several weeks or a month.

So I had decided yesterday that I'd go ahead and start my next month of birth control and keep myself from having a period until the coordinator is back on Monday. Well Greg went yesterday to pick up my prescription for more birth control and find out insurance won't cover it because it's too soon. UGH!!! I ended up getting it, but it was a long hassle.

The good news is I have the birth control and so I'll just take some from the new pack for a few days until the coordinator is back in the office on Monday and can tell me if I'll be able to schedule my FET soon.

Now I'm just hoping and praying that the DOCTOR doesn't go on vacation next!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment