Friday, July 16, 2010

My first ultrasound and bloodwork (baseline)

This morning I went for my baseline ultrasound and bloodwork. I don't know why, but it never dawned on me that it would be a VAGINAL ultrasound!! ACK! That was a weird feeling. LOL The U/S tech said everything looked good. She did have a little trouble getting images of the back of my uterus because I have a tilted uterus. I didn't know that until today. My Mom and sister have it so I expected I would too, but today it was confirmed.

Then I had my bloodwork done. It was called an Estradiol test. If I heard right, that's to check the hormone levels in my body before they start me on any hormones.

I was in and out in 30 minutes!

Once the lab gets the bloodwork done and sends it to Dr. Carney (my OB) then she will fax it to my clinic in CA along with the ultrasounds. Then they'll call a pharmacy and order my meds. So my next step is to wait for the pharmacy to call me so they can FedEx me my meds and I can pay for them.


28 days and counting!!!!!!!!

1 comment: