Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Today I was sick all day.  Still am actually.  My son and Greg got me two sweet cards, some new perfume, lotion, and a pretty necklace (which unfortunately my neck is too big for).  We had KFC for lunch (my choice).  I laid in bed all day which is something I never do.

This year Mother's day was a little different.  The last 8 years I've been the Mom to one precious little boy who I am SO grateful for.  This year though is the first year that I'm also the Mom to 4 precious babies in Heaven and 12 frozen babies in CA.

At one of my low points recently, my Mom told me something that I think about every time I start to get sad about our losses.  She said that my babies are in Heaven playing with Jesus and Grandma Brown while they wait for me to come home.  While I'm in no hurry to go home it's a neat thing to think about.  Actually makes me feel good to think that they are no longer frozen in time but are happily playing now.

My son has asked me several times about whether or not he has a brother.  It's really strange because I know his family history and know that he didn't have any brothers (unless one was born after we adopted him).  Makes me wonder if maybe he WILL have a brother and I just don't know it yet.  ;)

I have to share a couple of proud Mommy moments for this past week while I'm talking about Mom's day.  My son was given some money by me for his field day on Friday.  He had about $5 left over when  he came home.  We went to the store to get a couple of things that afternoon.  There was some people there asking for money for the flood victims.  I told him to take the money left and give it to the guy.  He didn't hesitate and out the while wade of money into the bucket.  As we walked away he said, "That was so cool!  I just helped someone else that doesn't have anything!"  Made me SO proud.

Later that same afternoon he started asking about his birthmom Ana.  He asks questions every once in a while about her and I'm always as honest as I can be with him.  So he asked me why she didn't keep him.  I explained that I didn't know for sure but thought it was because she was poor and couldn't afford to raise him.  He began asking about her house and things like that.  I told him I expected she probably had a small home with a dirt floor (typical for the area of Guatemala she lives in).  He says, "Well when I go to college and get a good job I'm going to pay for her a big house.  I don't want anyone I know to be poor."  I swear that little boy has a heart of gold.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment