This week my work started laying off people at my location. They had already laid off alot at the main office and now it's our turn. It's a scary thing to think about. I've been told that my group won't be affected, but until after this week I won't be able to relax.
Two people I know were walked out yesterday. It was SO sad to hear about how this was done. They come into work, and once at work are handed a slip and given a little time to pack their stuff and say goodbye. Really???? Could you not just call people at home and warn them?!?!?! I think it's so cruel the way companies handle layoffs.
Then we were told this morning that those who are left will be subjected to quarterly reviews. So every quarter you will be under review. You will have objectives to meet and if those aren't met you will be put on probation. If you don't do better the next quarter then you will be wrote up and after the 2nd write up you'll be fired. I swear it's beginning to feel more like a factory than an office. It makes me really sad this is what this company has come to. I've been there 12 years and never has it been this bad. Now mind you I've always done a good job and never been repremanded for anything, but still having these reviews 4 times a year is really stressful. (especially when you could lose your job, but yet if you do a GOOD job you don't get a pay increase or anything out of it)
To add to the stress we've got my boss who is dealing with family issues and taking his anger out on us. Most of the time he is a good man who really does care about his employees, but lately he's become a real jerk.
Because of all the flooding here, my son was out of school today. I didn't have anyone who could keep him so I worked from home. My boss called me for a conference call to basically give us what for. (mind you what he was going off about is out of our control!) I was so angry that I just didn't say anything because I knew what I would say would be disrespectful.
With all the crap I'm dealing with at work and then the stress that my husband's Mom is putting us through (whole other story....), how am I EVER going to be stress free (or even close to it) for our tranfer next month. I'm just praying I can get my head out of the drama and into protecting my babies.
I'm in a funk that I've never been in before. I've been down or in a bad mood for a few days, but never like this. I just don't want to be bothered. I want to hide my head in the sand and avoid everyone. I'm also changing my blog back to private. I want to talk about some stuff going on in my life on here without the whole world reading it right now. For those who have been following me a while I don't mind adding you so you can continue reading, but I think for the rest of the world I want to hide for a while. I'm also going to change some things up (remove some personal pictures and names) so that I can't be found so easy. I'll explain later on why I want to do that.
April 2022
3 years ago
Just remind yourself- If God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it! You can do it!
ReplyDeleteMy husband has had some pretty stressful times at work as well, and I know it just wears you down. You're in my thoughts and prayers as you prepare for your next transfer.
ReplyDelete