Thursday, August 19, 2010

Final tally on the cost of our adoption

$260 - for orientation with Dr. Kumar (our clinic)
$2200 - transfer (includes assisted hatching)
$375 - donor parent's testing
$750 - to our attorney to write our contract
$350 - to the donor parent's attorney to review the contract with them
$845 - plane tickets for 2
$650 - hotel for 5 nights (Hampton Inn, king suite)
$207 - round trip town car ride from airport to hotel (includes tip)
$300 - food, spending, and taxis


Total: $5937

Praise God that we were able to pay all but the transfer fee with cash. My parents were so generous as to loan us their credit card to pay the transfer fee. We are so grateful that we didn't have to go way in debt with this transfer.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome numbers....but what about your meds? Are those covered by insurance? If so, you are very lucky. Our EA cost about the same and we didn't have to travel at all....but our meds were about $650 and we had to pay some of the storage fees for the embryos. BUT...in comparison to the 3 medicated IUI's and 2 Fresh IVF cycles we paid for to get our son...it is soooo much more cost effective. I am praying for a positive outcome for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, I forgot to add meds. I've paid $40 for my meds so far. When I get my + pregnancy results, I'll pay for some more, but still should be under $100 total because I have very good insurance. The U/S and labwork have all been covered 100% by insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is expensive, isn't it?! But it's so worth saving these precious frozen lives! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only reason ours were cheaper was free hotel & plane ride-my hubby is a pilot and has TONS of frequent flyer miles!

    YIPPEE! Can't wait for the ++++++++++

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, and our attorney was free also-a close friend of ours did it! AND our donor parent testing was already done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes EA is expensive, but I can do it 5 times for the money adopting my son cost. Regardless I wouldn't trade him for the world!!! :)

    ReplyDelete