This morning I had my first PIO shot. It was just 1cc so it wasn't too bad. Tomorrow I start the every day 2cc. I'm starting to get nervous now. Not about the transfer, but about the PIO shots. I know in the end it will be worth it though and just like thousands of other women, I'll get through this.
One thing I am looking forward to is that wonderful Cali weather!!! It's been in the high 90's with heat indexes in the 100's for several weeks now. That mild weather is going to be wonderful!!!
April 2022
3 years ago
Hi there. I love following your journey and praying for it. Have you heard of a creme that you can put on about an hour before the shot and it numbs the area? Your doctor can order it for you. Also if you warm the oil up a bit beforehand (rub in your hands), that should help.
ReplyDeleteThe cream Britney is talking about is called EMLA. I got it but never used it because it was so much easier and quicker to use ice. I may try it this time around. Also, I found that sticking my fingers in my ears while my hubby shot me helped, too. Heehee!
ReplyDeleteI really like the EMLA cream (Ashley first told me about it too). I actually prefer it over ice. We're all different though - You just have to figure out what works best for you guys!
ReplyDeleteOH the PIO shots! I DO NOT miss them :) But SO WORTH IT. I never used ice or anything. Just stuck it and went for it. You are getting SO CLOSE MY FRIEND!!
ReplyDeleteBritney, thanks so much for the prayers and the cream suggestion. I'll keep that in mind.
ReplyDeleteAshley, thanks for the finger in the ear suggestion LOL and the name of the cream.
Jen, you are a BRAVE soul to not use anything. Yes it IS getting close!!! I cannot WAIT!!!
Thanks to all of you for being so supportive. I've not told many people about our plans so I don't have much support in my 'real' life. It's so nice to have my blog support. :~)