I got an email today from the coordinator at the clinic with more details on what my next steps will be. I am to start taking my progesterone shots on August 8th. The first one will be 1cc and then from then on out it will be 2cc. I have to take them in the morning which means I'll either have to have my husband wake me up really early or I'll have to give them to myself. My husband works a very early shift so for him to give them to me, I'll have to get up with him. I am NOT a morning person so this could get interesting. ;~)
I'll also continue taking the delestrogen shots on Saturdays and Wednesday. Right now I'm at 0.3cc, but that may change after my ultrasound and estrodiol test on Friday.
My mock transfer is scheduled for 11am on August 12th. The real deal will be at 10am on August 13th.
WOW! This is all feeling SO real. I'm literally a week from leaving for my transfer. I'm SO excited. I know there's a chance it won't work, but I really believe that God's will shall be done and if he wants it to work this time then it will. If he doesn't....well we'll cross that bridge when we get there. For now I'm acting as though it's going to work the first time and that we are going to have TWINS. :~D
My friends keep asking me if I'm scared or nervous. Honestly I can say I'm not at all. I'm so totally at peace about this. It's been 7 long years of trying to decide where our next child would come from and the time is finally here. Not saying I won't get scared or nervous closer to time, but for now I'm just thrilled that we have this opportunity.
April 2022
3 years ago
You're getting close! :)
ReplyDeleteI recommend icing the injection site for a few minutes before giving the shot and rub it really well afterwards! I don't think I could have given myself the shots so good luck!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip Ashley. I will have to give it to myself when I head to CA, but at home I'll just get up earlier enough for my husband to do it.
ReplyDeleteI gave all my own shots and did great! My hubby had a shakey hand-NO THANKS! You are Getting so close to meeting your babies! YIPPEE!
ReplyDeleteOoh you are brave Jen! I'm the one with the shaky hands in my house. I'll just have to grin and bear it though in CA because my Mom has WAY worse shaky hands than me. :~)
ReplyDelete