Thursday, August 12, 2010

Tomorrow is the big day!!!

Today I was to have a mock transfer, but instead Dr. K just did an ultrasound and checked my lining. It was....drum roll please.....16.8mm!!!! Dr. K said it was "very lush". LOL He was running behind because of a patient's flight being late and then another lady needed to have her appointment, but for some reason she wasn't on the schedule. The poor woman had to hop back on a plane in just 3 hours!!! He came out and personally apologized to me for the delay. I'm guessing that's why my mock transfer got postponed until tomorrow.

They said if needed he would do a mock transfer tomorrow instead. I have to say that I LOVE Dr. K. He was so kind and caring. He sat and talked with us for 20 minutes or so about all sorts of stuff. My husband is a huge Georgia Bulldog fan and Dr. K graduated from UGA. He said UGA was the first place he learned to bark. LOL He explained everything to me and then we discussed how many to thaw and transfer. We both were on the same page with that so I was glad. He said he LOVES BBQ and wished he knew I was so close to Memphis because he would have asked that I bring him some. :~) He commented on how sweet I was and said that's one thing he missed about the south. Everyone is just so nice there.

As Dr. K was finishing up my ultrasound he said, "you see that big dark spot right there?" I was SO scared he was about to tell me something bad. He says, "that's your bladder. You need to go don't you? That's what I want your bladder to look like tomorrow too." LOL I was SO scared he was seeing something bad. He scared me to death!

His staff were also all so nice. I got to meet several people I've talked to on the phone. It was nice to put a face with the names.

I'm still so very much at peace about all of this. I got a little excited and had a few butterflies this morning, but they went away and I was calm again. I hope I can be this calm tomorrow. ;~)

4 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Glad everything looked good! Praying for continued peace and a successful transfer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad your body is ready! You seem so very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much. Yes I am very happy. This will be my very first time being pregnant ever and I plan to enjoy every bit of it. :~) I believe in having faith in God and +++ thinking so until proven otherwise, I'll act as though I'm pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW EXCITING JEN! YIPPEE! He did my mock right before my transfer and I did GREAT! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete